Monday, January 25, 2010

The Jeweler's Wedding Bands

You may be wondering where I have been for the past two weeks. To sum up... Sal and I ran away to Hawaii and got married.

While everybody has many questions and comments, the main one I get is 'what does a jeweler make for wedding bands?' Well, I attempted to make something that nobody else has (just like what I do for my clients.) This was a true collaboration between me and Sal.

Sal came up with the design. An asymmetrical knife edge band, one angle about a 30-40 degree and the other (the short side) around a 70-80 degree angle. The design is clean and quite modern.

Then, just like I do with my client's, I fabricated them to his specification. While Sal's ring is heavier... slightly more industrial, mine has a single row of itty bitty .8mm diamonds bead set on the short side to make it a bit more feminine. But overall, they are a matching pair of wedding bands.




As for the wedding... it was wonderful. Sunset on Makena Surf Beach on Maui. Just me and Sal, our officiant, Minister Andy Kaina, and our photographer (who served as our witness) Patty Holbrook. Simple, peaceful... perfect.




3 comments:

Tails said...

Wow! Just wow!

CONGRATS on your wedding!! Oh to up and marry just like that, no fuss with cake, no stressing over who's invited, no worrying about flowers....wow!

The bands look stunning and as a photographer myself, I just LOVE the last photo!

Rick M said...

Great pictures. It looks just like a fairytale wedding. Except in Hawaii! Congrats.

Simplyme :) said...

nice!!

Locations of visitors to this page