Tuesday, August 15, 2006

24K Leaf Earrings...


So... this is a posting to show how I'm making earrings for my friend Sal for his mother's birthday gift. The earrings are made out of 24K gold, which is not usually used for jewelry (it's too soft). But he wanted them in 24K, so I'm doing it. And it's proving to be a fun experiment. Soooooo... here are the steps.



This is the loose 24K grain that I purchased.


I had to melt down the grain to make the sheet to cut the basic shapes from.


This shows basics of dapping out the shape (not finished yet)...


And here is another rough leaf...


There will be lots more to come with these earrings... I still have a few things to figure out. But if anybody has any questions on how I'm doing something, just ask!!!

1 comment:

kelmurphy said...

WHOA.... how do you melt it? With a torch? And did you use your new roller thingymabob?

Ps) cute spelling of SAL!

Locations of visitors to this page