Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Lino's Wallet...

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, but my grandpa Lino had been sick and passed away this morning. He was 90. So, as my version of a memorial, I will tell you a little of what we found in his wallet...

Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States Life Member (it was made out of metal!)

A photo of his family, when my mother was a new-born

His drivers license (yup... at 90 he still had his license!)

Town of Bridgewater Veteran's Council Card (he was supposed to be sworn in again this morning)

His Navy ID card from WWII (he served on the USS Orca)

My uncle's first business card, which was almost 40 years old

A photo of my grandmother from when he met her (they celebrated their 66th anniversary this past year)

Some pocket money (he always had some pocket money... so we're going to bury him with a few bucks... gotta have the pocket money!)

My business card :)

Golden Age Passport (a lifetime admission to National Parks)

Lists and lists of phones numbers

And my favorite...

I think if I was in an accident, I'd want somebody to call an ambulance... but that's just me :)

1 comment:

lulicious said...

Tracey,
I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather. I love your memorial - and know he was happy to have all the most comforting words whispered in his ear.

xo

Locations of visitors to this page