Monday, July 17, 2006

i'm in love with a strippa...

And that strippa is me! This weekend I did the long awaited Pole Dancing Intensive Bootie Camp!!! Myself and 2 of my Ho's (yes... this is how she referred to us... and Wendy, the instructor, was the Queen Ho) took the class.

We showed up and were completely shocked when our instructor met us in a trampy cop outfit. She took us into her 'costume' room... and told us to put on something that we would not usually wear (which I have realized I have become a conservative surf rat looking chickie over time, so anything shorter than my knee is daring for me) and we were all quite shy about being seen in our knickers... but trust me, by the end of the class, we all got over that.

After we put on our dancing boots (they had about an 6 or 7 inch heel, a 2 or 3 inch platform and to top it off the heel was clear acrylic) she had us sit and watch her do a dance... and oh what a dance that was. She told us to watch her like a man would :) hehehehe...

Okay... so basically, this was not just a pole dancing class... oh no it was not... it was a full crash course in exotic dancing! We did floor dancing... wall dancing... chair dancing... the basics of stripping... AND YES OH YES, THE POLE DANCING! She made us all repeat 'THE POLE IS MY FRIEND.' And you should see the bruises from me slamming my legs into the pole the wrong way... but I earned those bruises! Oh... and yes, I GOT UPSIDE DOWN!!! It was hard, my upper body is killing me (it's hard to pull yourself up!!!) but it was so worth it!!!

And at the end, Queen Ho had each of us do our own little dance (ha!)... I won't share all the dirty details, but I will tell you I ended spinning on the pole and hit the ground as the song ended... like I planned it or something! Ha!

Overall, other than the amazing day of dancing we had... we realized by the end we were all comfortable hanging out wearing almost nothing. The level of confidence it brought each of us was amazing. Honestly, when I would usually be fixing my clothes to hide things like, oh, my ass cheeks hanging out... it didn't even phase me... or any of the girls. Not to say that I would be wearing my ho clothes outside... but it's good to know that I can. I totally recommend this class for any woman that happens to live in the area... http://www.gypsyrosedancing.com/index.html and if you don't live in the neighborhood she'll have her idiots guide to pole dancing out in January. And yes, there is an instructional dvd and you can buy your own pole!!! And they come down in the matter of minutes and nobody needs to know :) I feel like this is the new version of the woman's empowerment classes they had in the 70's!

So, as I walked to work thru the financial district this morning... wearing my normal clothes, bruises over both legs, pole burns on my arms, floor burns on my legs, whole body aching... I could feel this evil little impish grin come across my face just thinking to myself 'I know something that you don't know.' I honestly feel like I was in some kind of a chick fight club yesterday, and I'm wearing my scars and muscle pain as a badge of honor. I feel amazing!

I just hope I can hold onto this feeling.

Oh... and for those who I told I would bring my camera and take pictures... Sorry... I'm not that comfortable yet :)

1 comment:

lulicious said...

Great story! Fabulous experience. And good to have the moves in case the jewelry thing doesn't work out. Loved this post!

Locations of visitors to this page