Friday, July 07, 2006

working my a** off...

Well... I've been a slacker on updating this, but I've been working like crazy at my bench. I'm working on some new designs (top secret... shhhhhh... if you tell anyone I'm going to have to kill you.)

So, most of my recent work is being done in wax. This is for a few reasons...

1. Metal is still high (it's dipped a smidgen since gold and plat hit an all time high, but it's still freekin expensive.) So wax is fairly inexpensive... very little waste :)
2. Most of the shapes are fairly organic, so carving wax is much more fun than doing it in metal.
3. If you screw up wax, you can just melt more on OR just throw it away.

Anyhoo, I'm still being somewhat secretive about the designs... and the idea behind them. I don't really want to give too much away. But I was hoping to attach a few images (you see, green wax blobs won't give away too much, leaves a great deal for the imagination) but I cannot find the cable for my camera right now. Oh well, maybe later :)

But more to come very shortly!

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page