Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Engraved Band

I wish I could take credit for this... but, alas, I cannot. I have some hand engraving skills... but not like this!

When I was in school, I worked with a Master Stone Setter. He would always give me lip because he started when he was 9 years old in Turkey and I started too late in life (in my late 20's.) Then I would say something snide about how I grew up in a country with child labor laws... and we would go back and forth. Now we are friends. But I agree... I am too old to obtain the kind of skills he has in not only stone setting BUT in hand engraving.

I needed to make a new wedding band for my aunt and she wanted a leaf motif engraved into it. So I just told my friend to go to town. And this is what he came up with...




... AMAZING!

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page