Tuesday, January 22, 2008

wedding bands

One of my new projects are wedding bands to fit around an engagement ring. I did not make the engagement ring, it was purchased last fall at a retail store.

Because of the complexity of the bands (teenie tiny prongs, a scroll pattern relief on the sides, the fit, etc) I decided to have a CAD (Computer Aided Design) made of them instead of fabricating them by hand.

The client does not want to give up her ring quite yet, so I took tons of measurements.





Then the client had a trivet that she loved the pattern on...


and wanted a modified version of it...


And when viewed from the top, it will follow the exterior shape of the engagement ring.


I will keep you posted when I have the CAD files to show!!!

1 comment:

Jay said...

Nice tutorial!!! thanks for sharing it helps me lot and it can useful to the visitors to make their own engagement ring for their own use.
Custom Jewelry Design

Locations of visitors to this page