Thursday, May 01, 2008

the gloves are off!

I'm exhausted... and I'm at the end of my rope. Let me explain...

For those of you who read this often, you know I suffer from insomnia (which has gotten a great deal better doing Bikram yoga 3 times a week.) And you may also caught my snide comments about how I can hear my neighbor snoring in my apartment and how I want to practice tap dancing right over his head.

Well, my neighbor has recently purchased the video game Rock Band... and plays it all the time. Sal has been planning on having a conversation with him (he's much more diplomatic than I am... I'll just snap. Sal thought he would go down there with a couple of beers and have a nice conversation with him, maybe offer to buy him a pair of headphones or something... I would probably just kick him in the shins.)

When he plays the game full blast, I cannot be in the living room because the couch vibrates and I have to listen to him singing at the top of his lungs. But at night, he just plays the drums. Seriously... all night... and it sucks. And the sound of the drums bounces through empty chimney and right into my pillow! I haven't slept well since he got it.

Last night pushed me over the edge. I was exhausted and wanted to head to bed early, he was playing his game. So, I put on my wave machine and tv to see if I could fall asleep with that drowning out the sound of my neighbor singing along to Metallica. I finally feel asleep much later than I planned, around 12:30 or so. Even worse, I woke up after 3AM with him still playing. I was annoyed, but attempted to stay calm, so I could fall back asleep. He stopped playing a little after 3:15 and quiet fell over the apartment... I was thrilled.

But apparently that was the calm before the storm. Because I flipped out. My neighbor turned on his television full blast (it was an infomercial on exercise equipment with loud pumping thumping music... you know, to get you all worked up) and started snoring. That was it... I was going to stop this!

So, there I was, 4 AM, in my pajamas, barefoot, knocking on my neighbor's door... yelling. Nothing, didn't answer... tv still on. So I got even more angry... and I started pounding on the door, still yelling... nope, he was sleeping thru it (or too afraid of me to make a move.) So, after about 5 minutes of it, I gave up. But I decided to slam my apartment door (which is on the wall adjacent to where he sleeps) as hard as possible. Then I slammed my bedroom door a few more times... and finally the television was turned off. But, unfortunately by that point, I was so awake and angry I couldn't go back to sleep for hours. So I just sat in bed, watching the clock, mentally plotting the demise of the neighbor... he better hope that Sal get to talk to him before I do... because I will kick him in the shins. But now I'm so exhausted, I'm wrecked for the day!

I'm sure there will be a part 2 to this story... I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page