Monday, March 31, 2008

let's catch up...

Been running around like a mad woman! But I thought I'd give you a quick catch up...

Friday...

Met with a client in the morning so I could snag her engagement ring. I am going to be working on her matching wedding band this week... here's a quick sketch...


Sorry... the sketch really bites. But trust me... it will be cool when you see the finished piece.

Then I left my client and hit an informal fashion show / ladies luncheon at Brasserie Jo at the Colonnade Hotel. The fashion show was for Harper at Seams. All of the pieces were beautiful. And I have to give props to the models... they just sauntered around the entire restaurant, explaining the fabrics and style and how the pieces feel on. Very personable.

It was honestly a delightful time... we saw how the women who don't have to work live ;) The only tough part was that I'm a very tactile person, and I wanted to paw at all the clothing... but we were in the middle of lunch, so I restrained myself! Then off to a little sauntering around the Pru/Copley for a bit... followed by a quiet evening in with Sal (we get so very few of those!)

Saturday...

I woke up and realized it was freezing out and would be for the rest of the day, and I knew my strappy satin sandals weren't going to cut it for the wedding that night. So, I dragged Sal's butt from bed (he was very annoyed with me) and ran to the South Shore Plaza. I managed to find a pair of shoes in about 4 minutes flat... damn I'm good!

We squeezed in some more shopping, brunch, and both of us got haircuts. So, when we returned home to get ready for the wedding... the water had been shut off by the landlord! He did run back over to turn it on, and Sal and I made ourselves pretty in about 30 minutes.

The wedding was at the Swedenborg Chapel in Cambridge followed by a reception at the Fogg. I danced all night... if some photos pop up, I'll post them later.

Sunday...

By time Sal got up (yes, I didn't wake him up... I promised he could sleep in as late as he wanted) we had time for eggs, watch some bad tv, a quick walk... then off to the airport!

I decided to have a lazy evening... so ate a bag of chips for dinner and trolled ebay for the evening. I know, I know... sounds lame. But I was happy!

Monday...

Got up at 5AM and went to the 6AM yoga. Ran to the jewelers building to do my errands (bought some stones, findings, etc.) and got back out of the city before it started pouring. Then I spent the day trying to either call clients, email clients, sketch for clients... and caught up on laundry. Yes, I know... I live the most exciting life! Hehehe.

And now I'm plotting the demise of my down stairs neighbor (yes, the one that snores) because he either has a band practicing in his apartment or they're playing that stupid rock band game. I just pounded on his door... and he still didn't hear me. I am nearing the end of my rope!

And with that... off to sleep! More to come!

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page