Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Civil War Era Engagement Ring

I was approached to make a matching wedding band to a Civil War Era family engagement ring, approximately 150 years old. It is a beautiful ring! We played around with patterns that would compliment the ring, but still have it's own personality, and decided on a hand engraved leaf pattern.

But to start, I had to make the band to match up to the engagement ring. Because of the shape/size of the original ring, I decided it would be best to bevel the top section at a 45 degree angle and let in flow into the sides of the shank.

The men's band will have the same engraving traveling down the 2 outer edges of the ring.

Here they are so far (before the engraving)...




1 comment:

Jack said...

I am fan of your site. Always get some jewelry on your site. This is awesome for me. I want to say warm thanks to you.
vintage jewelry

Locations of visitors to this page