Monday, June 08, 2009

Back in the swing of things...

Let me start off by saying that I know I have been horrible about posting. And I have been reminded many times by different people, especially by my favorite Laney who loves to call and give me s*** about being such a slacker. Okay, I have been a slacker with posting, but not with work ;)

Here is a quick shot of a recent wedding band. The client wanted the 'perfect snowboard power line' featured on his ring. What he meant by that is the carving that is left in the snow during a turn... narrow at the straight and wide at the curve. So we started with this image...


As we discussed further, he wanted a way to incorporate a second intersection snowboard line to signify his wife. What we decided to do have the perfect powder line on the exterior and the second line on the interior. If you were able to see through the ring, you would see that they intersect. And finally, they wanted a particular inscription on the inside of the ring, but were not sure how to incorporate it without disturbing the wavy line on the inside. I came up with the idea that the text should follow the same wavy line and the only way to accomplish this was to create the ring in a CAD program and have it milled into wax, then cast as a solid.

So here it is...

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Love that!

Locations of visitors to this page