Sunday, June 21, 2009

It's not easy being Green...

Kermit said it best when he sang that it's not easy being green. While he was talking about the color of his reptilian skin, I'm talking about managing my life in an eco friendly way.

I do the best I can with my business... only dealing with local (mainly East Coast, if not nearly exclusively Boston) vendors, I only use recycled metals (a good amount of the time melting it myself), talking people into using family stones, trying to find good looking yet eco friendly packaging, etc. But sometimes I have problems carrying off of this into my day to day life.

When it comes to the little things, I am usually okay. I always try to have cloth grocery bags or refuse bags at stores, I love shopping at the farmers market and even planted my own little garden, I take the T or walk whenever I can, I switched out most of my light bulbs... you know, the little stuff. But I'm trying to be better. Because I preach to my clients that they should reuse what they have and I'm trying to follow my own advice!

Now, why am I going off on this little diatribe, you may ask? Well, it's because I want one of these bad boys...


It's a Madsen Cargo Bike. Just think, I could toss my groceries AND my wiener dogs in there! Okay, maybe not the boys, but groceries! Or my beach stuff... I bet I could fit a small cooler, 2 chairs and some towels in there.

Now, I usually don't pimp out other companies, but (1) it's pretty sweet industrial design and (2) if you click on the link I get entered to win one of these. So help a sista' win a sweet ride and click on the link ;)

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page