Friday, June 12, 2009

Tweaking...

Even though it would seem that 'organic' pieces of jewelry would be the easiest to make, they usually prove to be fairly difficult. A client is looking for a bypass ring with an organic style... but has very specific aspects that she wants with the design.

This was attempt #1:



This design swirls into the center stone... it reminds me of the eye of a storm. But the client wanted the 'peaks' of the metal around the stone to be off center... changing the axis.

This is attempt #2:



So, I changed the axis of the bezel and created a 'peak' off center. Also I scratched in the line traveling around the band where we will be including inlay.

I'm not sure if this will be the final design... haven't heard yet from the client. But I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page