Monday, April 14, 2008

back in rotation...

I just wanted to say thank you very very much for all of your patience this past week. Even tho the death of my grandmother was after a lengthy illness and somewhat of a blessing, it still hit me fairly hard. I'm not sure if it's because grandpa just passed a few months back, or that she was my favorite... but I've just had that 'lost puppy' feeling all week. I just feel rather melancholy... and every couple of hours, when I have a few minutes of quiet, my eyes start to well up. But that will all pass with time.

I'm slightly horrified at the moment tho, because I had to do a reading at the funeral and screwed up. I was raised Catholic, but haven't gone to church in years. Well, I had to do a reading called 'The Prayers of the Faithful.' Well, it was coming up to my time to do the reading... the priest was just finishing the Homily and he speaks with a very thick accent... and I couldn't understand what he was saying. Well, when he was done, he sat down... and nothing was happening... so I thought it was my turn. Well, it wasn't. But I got up there and did my reading anyway. I had no clue... I couldn't figure out why he was just sitting there!

Well, I didn't notice... but apparently my family is getting a very good laugh out of it. But my response to that has been 'Well, he lost his turn when he sat down.'

I'm just glad that is over. And I'm going to get back to work. Tomorrow I need to deal with my accountant (finalize tax stuff on the last day possible) and then back to a full shop day on Wednesday.

This past week made me completely fall behind... but I'll do my best to catch up. And long hours in the shop always helps to clear my head. I know, sounds nuts, but sometimes being insanely busy helps out.

And hours of having my ass kicked in yoga doesn't hurt either!

1 comment:

Sal Darji said...

You're going to hell!

Locations of visitors to this page