Saturday, April 26, 2008

new carving...

This weekend Sal is at a conference, so I decided to work.

I had been working on some sketches of Ganesha for a pendant, and I decided it was time to carve a wax of it. So here it is...


... if you didn't notice, there is currently no eye. That is because I was going to do a simple curve to show where the eye should be located, but Sal had another idea. He recommended that I take the art from the Mughal period into consideration when it came to the eye. The portraits of that time period were mainly profiles, and the style of the eye was very distinctive.


So, now I'm waiting for the client to decide what the eye would look like... and make sure she likes the pendant in general.

The final piece will be in 18K White Gold with a diamond at the end of the trunk.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page