Wednesday, April 02, 2008

wedding band land

Currently, I'm back in wedding band land. And because of the high price of precious metals, I'm making lots of them in wax to have them cast (less waste that way!) So, I completed one that I feel is pretty damn cool.

Basically, it's always a tough call of whether or not to make a wedding band fit flush up to the engagement ring (which usually means there is some sort of a cut out shape, and cannot be worn alone) or just have the band sit close to it. Well, I think this covers both!

By making this wavy bubble like pattern (which will hold 2.4mm tsavorite) it can sit around the main stone, but yet still works well alone. The wedding band doesn't quite fit flush with the engagement ring... but it matches up well!




Pretty sweet... huh?

1 comment:

Sal Darji said...

Wow, that looks great! Can you keep the Lego colors?

Locations of visitors to this page