Monday, June 02, 2008

damn squirrels!

Nothing says spring/summer like planting veggies. Seeing we only have a deck, I did a few planter boxes. Well, Sunday morning I woke up to holes dug up all throughout the boxes (except for the cukes), but I chalked it up to the strong rain and wind.

Well, I just walked outside to take a few photos of a client's wax... and what do I see??? FOUR SQUIRRELS IN MY PLANTERS! I think Norman, my screaming red squirrel, may have been a mama. So, I screamed (because, as I found out the hard way, they charge when they are scared) and ran inside. After a minute or so, I went back out with camera in hand. There was only one left, but he was hanging out in my gutter on the roof (we basically live in an attic.)

So, here's a photo of one of these little monsters...


... if you see him, run! He may charge you!

UPDATE...

I found information on how to prevent squirrels from killing my garden. I sprinkled ground pepper all over my planters, because apparently squirrels have a keen sense of smell and dislike pepper. I'll keep you posted on if it works!

1 comment:

kelmurphy said...

What a bunch of Alpha Hotels!!! Damn squirrels!

Locations of visitors to this page