Monday, June 02, 2008

new wedding band...

I am working on the wedding band to match the antique style engagement ring (I just finished the wedding jewelry recently.) So, here is the wax version...




There will be only one wedding band (unlike other wedding set I recently finished.) The part that wraps around the head is a crescent shape which will be set with diamond tapering from the largest in the middle down to the itty-bitty ones on the sides. The shoulders of the ring shank will mimic the leaf shapes on the original engagement ring and will also have bead set diamonds.

I'm really thrilled with this design. It's very beautiful in its simplicity, but contains one of my favorite antique elements... the crescent moon shape. I have come across many antique (Victorian, Nouveau and Deco) broaches that were a crescent shape with tapered diamonds. I know it is hard to imagine what this will look like in metal with diamonds, but I promise that this is going to be soooo beautiful when finished!

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page