Wednesday, April 28, 2010

GS: Groomsmen/Bridesmaid Gift Idea, Initial Cufflinks & Pendant

Sorry it's been a few days, I was in the DC area visiting the in-laws (still sounds so strange to say that) and we are sans-internet on those trips.

Anyway, I'm just getting back into the swing of things in the shop after my few days off and don't really have many exciting things happening at bench right now. BUT I finished a fun project a couple weeks back and saved sharing it for just such an occasion! Yup, I'm sneaky like that!

Sometimes I have clients that want me to handle multiple jobs to check as many items off of their wedding 'to do' list as possible. This would include things like (1) wedding bands (2) bridal jewelry (3) bride/groom gifts (4) bridesmaids/groomsmen gifts... things of that nature. So this project was for a Best Man and Maid of Honor, who happen to be husband and wife.

Their last name begins with the letter Q and the bride wanted cufflinks and a pendant to reflect that initial. While my mind directly went to a beautiful high domed, high polished, old typewriter style capital Q, I thought that idea has been overdone (e.g., Tiffany's O pendant.) So I decided we would go the exact opposite... more modern, flat, square, lowercase, negative space and a brushed finish. This is what I came up with...



Seriously, how damn cute are those? And it could be done with any initial!

Here are a couple more photos to detail the cufflinks. The pictures a bit lighter, but it helps to show off the shape a bit...




No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page