Tuesday, December 11, 2007

exhausted and moody, but still working...

Well, even tho I got a crappy nights sleep (after I finally did fall asleep, Sal's alarm clock went off at 4:30... the time he has to get up to catch his early plane on Monday mornings) I am still back to work.

Today I'm going to be working on finishing and setting stones on a broach that is an initial M. It is to replace a lost broach that was a gift from a relative that had passed away. So the pressure is on to get it to match as closely as possible.

It is amazing, though. The original broach probably cost about $50, if that. It is VERY VERY thin extruded 18K gold machine bent with synthetic stones. The new version is about 3 times thicker (I can't do the machine bending), the shapes of the main stone is an unusual one, so I had to search the earth to find something similar. And with the cost of gold, I'm making this one in Sterling Silver and 18K plating over it. And to reproduce it is costing about 10 times the original. Ugh.

But I finished some waxes yesterday for clients. The first piece is for a client who likes the starfish ring...


But he had a design in mind with alternating hearts and infinity signs. So, here is the wax...


Then I have a custom Pembroke Welsh Corgi tie-tack that I carved...


So, back to my bench. More work to do!

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page