Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Wal-Martland!

Yesterday was my first full day in Bentonville, Arkansas. Bentonville is Wal-Mart. There are 3 Super Wal-Marts in this county, the corporate headquarters, technical headquarters, and many other smaller offices, warehouses, etc. It's insanity. I can only imagine that most people that work here are Wal-Mart employees. It's quite amazing! So, I decided that since I may never have a reason to return to NW Arkansas, I would enjoy it for all of it's Wal-Mart glory!

So, Sal and I went to the Wal-Mart Visitors Center and Museum. They had EVERYTHING you can imagine Wal-Mart! Memorabilia from their original store, Walton's, graced the first few cases... then the rest of the cases showed the expansion throughout the years. Also, Sam Walton's original office was shown, which was so minimalist that he had a pickle barrel for visitors to sit on, his 1979 Ford pickup that he drove till he passed away, and things of the like.


Later on in the evening, we headed back down town to see what I lovingly refer to as 'LIGHTED LAWN DANDRUFF!' Honestly, this is my favorite holiday sight is lighted yard decorations. It reminds me of my childhood and when Christmas was the highlight of my year. Sal doesn't quite understand my affinity for lighted lawn dandruff, but he at least humors me by driving me around to take photos.


No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page